Tesoro Companies, Inc. is providing twenty $2,500 college scholarships for outstanding young leaders. This new scholarship has been launched to encourage young scholars who are leading by example in their schools and communities.
- A total of twenty (20) $2,500 scholarships will be awarded.
- Eligibility requirements include high school seniors graduating in 2016 who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents of one of the following 19 states where Tesoro does business:
Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Iowa, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin or Wyoming
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 or the equivalent
- Financial need
- Scholarship funds will be sent to the university or college where the recipients enroll in August 2016.
- The scholarship application will run Dec. 1, 2015 – February 26, 2016 and is available on the NSHSS Foundation website.
- Scholarship award winners will be announced in May 2016.
Application Question: Among Tesoro Companies, Inc. core values are the qualities of Integrity and Respect. In 500 words or less, please indicate how you have exhibited these values in your response to the following question: Discuss how, through your leadership and participation in school and community events, activities and organizations, you possess the mindset and skills to succeed one day as a leader in a challenging corporate environment. Some points you may wish to address, but are not limited to, include: using creativity to solve problems, humor to diffuse tense situations and build relationships, and inspiring confidence in others to collaborate with you or follow your lead. Please be as specific as possible in your examples.
- Personal response of up to 500 words answering the question provided on application
- Resume of honors and awards, leadership activities, community service activities, extra-curricular activities, internships and employment history
- Tesoro Financial Need Form form is included for application
- Color headshot for possible website posting
- Recommendation form link is included for application
Application Deadline: February 29, 2016 (Extended from February 26, 2016)
Application is now closed.